Other crap that's on my mind.

A website about things you probably don't care about, but I do so shove it.

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

And you thought I wasn't gonna blog as much.

Three things I learned yesterday:

1. Maya is basically totally fucking awesome. I had just bought a bunch of needles, and asked Maya the day before if she could "help" me with this stick shift cozie my friend Mike had asked me to do for his Mini Cooper. I hadn't the faintest idea on how to do this, and knew that I'd spend hours/days/months doing it over and over again. But Maya just looked at the baby mitten I gave her as a reference and voila a stick shift cozie was born after only like 10 minutes. I immediately saw that this was a genius idea and wrote to Butler, Shine and Stern about how they should use this as their next "witty" ad for Mini in such magazines like Readymade and Bust. I'm hoping they contact me soon, as I'm sure Maya, Mike and I could all use the money and notority. hehe.

2. I should never, ever bring oranges to work. Because they are 50 times messier than apples. I tried to peel the oranges' shell and bam! (Emeril sound effects belong here) orange bits and juices fly all over. All over my hair, my clothes, my face. I felt like I just gave the orange a blowjob and he forgot to tell me when he was gonna "go".

3. I'm starting to write an actual book. Who knows what it will really turn into, but so far I have 11 pages and realize I'm only just cutting the surface here. I know I have 300 pages worth of stuff for you to read and properly critique. I was never big on writing long stories. I was strictly a get to the point/short story/blogger kind of gal. Even in the way I talk to people, is usually short and to the point. Devin has made fun of me time and time again, about how I talk to him on the phone. I'm very quick to say good-bye. Kelly is usually shocked when we have conversations lastly more then 10 minutes. Anyway, where am I going with this? Right, I've never in my life wrote 11 pages of anything, and it just flowed out of me. This is huge folks (at least for me). And I don't see me stopping anytime soon.

4 Comments:

Anonymous tripp said...

you haven't put 11 pages together, huh? look through your blog archives. good material sitting right in front of you. copy–paste, baby. copy–paste.

11:49 AM  
Anonymous tripp said...

o'connell doesn't want a playstation joystick cozie too?

11:51 AM  
Blogger Barrie said...

mark- this is a completely different type of book. if i get famous from this book (which will never happen) then, i'd do a sex and the city type thing and have my blog put into a book. but until now, it's about something else.

and i don't think o'connell plays video games as much as he used to. he's too busy flying to la and shit.

1:32 PM  
Blogger csc said...

I envy you and your awesomeness.

on a side note, Anja is in LA for the next 3 weeks, which means I'll prob have more time to spend at work not calling all my friends like i should.

12:47 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home