Other crap that's on my mind.

A website about things you probably don't care about, but I do so shove it.

Friday, December 11, 2009

The things I want: 2009 edition

Tonight is the 1st night that us Jews light a candle, say some prayer and open up our first gift - which will most likely not be of any use to us. That's just how we do things.

So instead of guessing what I want, or thinking I want yarn and you end up at Joann's scratching your head or just give up and get me a gift card let me just tell you. DON'T DO ANY OF THAT. I guarantee you, if you don't refer to my amazon wishlist, or the list I have below I WON'T LIKE IT. Sure, I'll say thanks and I'll appreciate the shit out of it. But I'll go home and ask Dominic, "What the fuck am I supposed to do with this?" And I'll appreciate your gift so much as it sits unused in my closet, until someone's birthday comes along and I'll still appreciate it as I pass it on to them - so they can appreciate it too.

Or I'll just give it to goodwill. And appreciate that it's someplace else, not cluttering up my house.

That's the lesson for today. If you ever want to give me something, look my name up on amazon or click on the links below. Otherwise you just spent $15 on giving one of my friends a gift. But I'll appreciate it! I promise!

With that said, here are the highlights of WHAT YOU SHOULD GIVE ME for hanukkah, my 31st birthday or any old day you're feeling like you want to give me something:

-This apple charm is the coolest thing I've ever seen. Sure, I don't wear jewelry and sure I don't want to become one of those people who love apples so they must display their love all over their house with apple drawings and apple pillows and apple jewelry, but this charm is something I really kinda want.

-I LOVE this blanket. It seems like the kind of blanket that you curl up by the fire with, in a cabin, in the middle of the woods, near Mount Rainier. It's awesome and I want it for keeps. Get it for me!

-I'm actually trying to get rid of the books in the house. We have lots and they just sit there. If I read it once, then I'm giving it away - unless it's hardback, a cookbook, signed or the slight possibility I might actually read it again. But some books I still want. Like this one about gardening in the NW and this one about finding cures in your kitchen cabinets. Please get these for me!

-I enjoy my bathroom. It's big. Practically as big as our bedroom. Seriously. And yet, we have no radio in there. That's why I want this. And yes, I'll take it in bright green.

-As far as exercising goes, I really love anything by Shiva Rea, but I've been caught by the Jillian Michaels bug and would happily sweat my ass off to her yelling at me.

-I hate cards with words in them, and anything that Bartells (your Walgreens) carries. But give me a blank card with something snarky on the front, and you'll be my BFF.

-I'm on a plane at least 4 times a year. So I need to rest comfortably. So I need this.

-I've put this top up on my Things I Want every year for 3 years now. Still haven't gotten it. Not holding my breath.

-Okay, and if you did want to get me gift cards to anywhere, then you should get them at Anthropologie, Hot House Spa, Churchmouse Yarn and Tea, Spa Blix, REI, DeLaurenti, Elliott Bay Books, the Dandelion Botanical Company or shocker of all shockers, AMAZON!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home