Other crap that's on my mind.

A website about things you probably don't care about, but I do so shove it.

Thursday, August 24, 2006

I'm trading in the car for the bus.

I've been going back and forth on whether I should just sell the one thing I own that actually has some sort of value: my shithole of a car. I've owned it for a few years now (with my parents help thankfully). But now that I live in a city where I take the bus everywhere, even to parks, I'm using my car less and less. Actually, the last time I drove it was maybe a month ago and that was to just take it to the mechanic. I'm paying far less in gas and much less in insurance, but I'm still struggling with letting it go. I don't have to decide now. But I know I'll have to make up my mind in a year or so. The only reason I'd really need it is for travelling, and even then I can easily take the train ($58 roundtrip to Portland/$68 roundtrip to Vancouver). And who doesn't want to go on a train?! So yeah, I have some decisions to make (in a year).

That brings me to the bus. On Sunday I went to the biggest Hempfest ever, I guess. I was meeting friends there and I took the 8, which is my normal route to work. But I was on it for the first time, without a book/magazine/ipod/a friend from work. It was so strange. Normally what would seem like a 5 minute ride suddenly felt like an hour (it's only 15-20 minutes). I was bored. There weren't even crazy people to look at like normal. I suddenly felt fiddity and didn't know what to do with myself. My everyday routine was now completely out of whack.

But at least I didn't have to find a parking spot along the pier. And that beats boredom on a bus any day of the week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home