Other crap that's on my mind.

A website about things you probably don't care about, but I do so shove it.

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Twilight?

I saw Stephanie Meyer* on GMA this morning (don't freak out Mom, I still watch Today) and was a little bit confused. Sure, Twilight was a good book, but I didn't think it had such a huge Harry Potter kind of following. Was it that good? Not for me. I mean, the characters and story were nice and the fact that I even remember the storyline itself says something. But how many times did she have to slam it in my face that the boy and girl were SOOOO in love. I get it. They loved each other. A lot. Now move on.

I'm not saying I hated this book. I'm looking forward to her new one when the library gives it to me. But I'm not desperate to read it or anything. Basically I liked it as much as I liked Stori Telling, which I'm even embarrassed to admit to the world that I actually read (and enjoyed).

I get to thinking that almost everything in my world is too hyped up. This happens a lot for me with movies and restaurants. Everyone will tell me HOW AMAZING IT WAS and then I go, and I'm like really? Well, I guess I won't take your advice on anything ever again.

Actually, there is one dude at my last job who thought everything was AMAZING. I almost want to live in his head for a few minutes. Because anyone who thinks dog poop on a plate is amazing must have a really happy, unobservant life. I just want that kind of dumbness every now and then.

*An interesting aspect of the book is that all of it takes place around Forks, WA, kinda near where we camped last weekend. I could relate a lot to the weather she described in the book, and she got it spot on.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger maya mackowiak said...

you described my EXACT feelings about twilight. It's like you were in my head or something.

8:43 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home