Other crap that's on my mind.

A website about things you probably don't care about, but I do so shove it.

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Yep, I'm crazy. Nice to meet you.

Just some of the crazy things I do on a daily basis, that should make you feel more normal:

1. Listen to a song over and over and over again.

Right now, I'm at work and I'm listening to my ipod with my big bad ass Sony headphones (thanks Mark) because my itunes makes everything on this iMac really fucking slow. So, this is a perfect opportunity to listen to The Yellow Ones by Pinback over and over again. That's right bitches. I could listen to that song all day long, and the people in the surrounding offices won't have any clue I'm completely psycho.

2. I spend way too much time filling out useless surveys.

So, I have to admit- I was once addicted to myspace. My habit isn't as strong as it used to be a few months ago, but whenever I see a bulletin for some random survey, I just have to fill it out. Something in my mind says, "Other people must know what your favorite childhood tv show was. If they don't, their lives won't feel worthy and you will die alone." Or something to that effect.

3. That weird thing I do with Q-tips.

I'm not sure if anyone else does this, but I lick my Q-tip before I jam it in my ear. I can't just have soft cotton in my ear, possibly getting lose and lost inside my canals. When it's wet, it just feels cleaner for some reason. Okay, I give everyone permission to leave this blog and go to the nearest toilet to puke. Go ahead. I'll wait.

4. I peel my lips.

I seriously thought I was the only one who did this. I thought I invented some habit and would have to trademark it, because it's basically awesome. I imagine this is what cutters feel when they gently release the pain with a razor blade digging into their thigh. I pick and pick and pick and my lips are raw. I consciously try not to do it, because I'm sure it's weird for other people to watch and having lip skin all over my steering wheel can't be good for the vinyl. But every now and then, I still find myself doing it. It's like my brain doesn't even realize I just put my hand to my lips and started picking obsessively. I have no idea that I'm doing it until it's too late.

So yeah, I'm sure I'm crazy. I do weird things, that you probably find repulsive. But at least I admit my craziness in all its glory!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i do the wet q tip thing, but only if i feel an itch and my ears are dry. after the shower my ears are usually wet so i find the dry q tip is fine.

1:22 PM  
Blogger richlevine said...

iTunes fuckin kills my Mac. You'd figure that the two would be pretty compatible with each other considering they are made by the same god damn company, but oh well...

2:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home