Other crap that's on my mind.

A website about things you probably don't care about, but I do so shove it.

Monday, March 23, 2009

Dominic's stomach says so...

Tonight I made a red pepper pesto with spaghetti and then baked oatmeal cranberry cookies (mostly for my friend, which left about 5 for us). I took pine nuts, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, parsley and then roasted a red pepper, cut it up and threw that all in my blender. All while the spaghetti was boiling and the cookies were rising.

Usually the boyfriend just tolerates my meals. I cook a lot, but not the kind of stuff he likes. He wants meat pies and stews and chicken with stuff on it. I make things like quinoa salad and beet hash. Weird, hippie shit that just doesn't satisfy this hungry man who sleeps next to me.

But tonight I did the unthinkable. We ate and he immediately said, "mmmm. This is definitely one of your top 5 meals." and gobbled it up in seconds. I left him the rest of the sauce I created to do what he will for lunch tomorrow and he was actually excited by this.

Now if only I could remember what those other 4 top meals were.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Heidiblossom said...

Congrats, cuz you have a picky eater, about at the level of my two year old!!! hee hee. I say sneak some mayo or onions or olive tapenade in something and don't tell him. If you can get him to eat any of those things, and maybe even like them... you deserve a medal and $20!

10:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home