Other crap that's on my mind.

A website about things you probably don't care about, but I do so shove it.

Monday, January 04, 2010

Question of the new year.

I'd like to think if I was a bum, and I was allowed to bring some amenities I have now I would bring the following in one backpack: dental floss, toothbrush, toothpaste, bar of soap, water bottle from REI, sanitizer, ipod, towel, long sleeve shirt, pants, short sleeve shirt, gloves, hat, sweater, sneakers, 2 pairs of socks and a pen and pad. A lot of those things could double as other things (and if anyone read Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy all I'd really need is a towel). And most of the stuff I'd be wearing. So that's a light little backpack.

Which brings me to my question. Why do bums need to carry so much stuff with them? I never really saw a bum until I left Coral Springs way back, almost 13 years ago. But when I see them now they seem to collect more and more. They have one bag that just carries more bags. Another bag that carries clothes for all seasons. And then 10 more bags that carries things they've found and have no use for. There never seems to be a toiletry bag or a bag of listings for jobs - but who am I to talk. I have a house full of stuff I'll never use, that just sits there because I think it's pretty.

But my point is, if you were a bum - and all you did all day was walk around, wouldn't you want to be comfortable and not lug a bunch of baggage with you wherever you go?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yesterday I saw a pair of bums trying to get around each other and all their stuff. It took about 5 minutes and it caused much laughter. And thus, the question popped inside my head.

3 Comments:

Anonymous anointing said...

are you from china, i want to know the question that popped into your mind

7:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you should use google translate and then you will want to delete this Chinese spam. LOL.

4:01 PM  
Blogger Chandana said...

Something specially made for all of us:

http://www.holyoneofisrael-reconciliation.blogspot.com

Kindly give a reading dear people...

God bless you.

9:27 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home