Other crap that's on my mind.

A website about things you probably don't care about, but I do so shove it.

Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Lame list and other shit to discuss.


Finally!
Originally uploaded by barliss2.
I almost got in my first car accident today (minus the little incident in college where I hit a parked car, d'oh!). I slid right through a stop sign and I just hoped that no one would hit me, and when I opened my eyes (just kidding) no one did. Victory! Hope I make it home safely though.

Knitting night will be at my place this week, and I'm pretty excited for 3 reasons.

1. I can finally use my basement for enjoyment, instead of for laundry washing and working out.

2. I don't have to guess what that fuzzy face on the screen really is, because Mark's tv is a hella lot newer than Maya and Nicole's.

3. I have cable!

Now, this Anne of Green Gables list is going to suck, because as much as I watched it on PBS and througly enjoyed it (um, not as much as lesbian Maya here- just kidding) I don't remember all the facts. So, don't bitch at me if I get every point wrong. And if you do bitch, well, sorry, but I just don't care all that much. And for those who think AOGG sucks, well, then I guess you must not have a soul and should probably get that checked out by some holistic doctor or something.

Reasons to love Anne of Green Gables:
1. Who says bosom? For that reason alone, Anne rocks. No one can get away with that type of verbage without getting their asses kicked.

2. The old man who I guess became her father. I wish all men were that gentle (gross, did I just write that. I guess I can't take it back now.) Anyway, I remember being really sad (spoiler alert) when he beefed it in the fields.

But, here's my question with the whole death thing. They wanted a boy because they basically wanted a man servant to attend to the farm. So, when they got Anne, she didn't do jack shit. Hence she should've been blamed for the old dude's death. Oh, that probably wouldn't be a very good story now would it. As I was saying....

3. I loved when Anne became a teacher. The whole love affair was fab. And it was a little relief to see her pine for someone other than Gilbert (and Diane for that matter).

4. Gilbert and Anne finally get it on. Okay, I don't think they actually showed them doing the deed on PBS, but I know they got together at the end of it all.

5. All the extra characters made this series what is was- totally awesome! The old hag and the old hag's bitch neighbor friend were a riot. Diane (or is it Diana? Maya isn't here today to answer any of my questions and Nicole is useless- hehe) was a drunk (okay, not really) and ended up marrying someone from Kids in the Hall. And Gilbert, ah Gilbert. Well, I'd sow his oats any day of the week. Hehe.

So, that's the end of the list. Whew. Glad it's over with, but now I have a question for anyone that's reading. As I was typing this shit a song came into my head. I know it's from a movie I used to love, love, love. The song went a little something like this:

Top That, Top That, I don't give an- uh- about that.

What movie is that from? There was a teenager and that little old poltergeist lady. And the teen was a dork who turned into the coolest girl in school. And you can tell she turned cool because she tied her shirt to the side.

Oh, and one more thing. I was going to write another blog about this, but since this is already a long one, I might as well keep making you read my shit.

I just found out my dad lived in a hippy commune in Hawaii and he didn't even know it! I wish I knew my parents then. So many stories, too many drugs. Probably the good kinds too.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice try, but no. It still b-lows.

1:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And by the way, you should all stop with the "if you don't like it you don't have a soul" diatribe. You sound like people that forward spam and say "if you don't send this to all your friends, you'll have bad luck for 7 years." I do have a soul, it just happens not to like movies that b-low. My soul doesn't need a holistic doctor. Your souls need some better taste in movies.

1:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey barrie,
great tune, great film. the little brother always creeped me out though. it was teen witch i believe. and the geek girl who raps the top that tune does so after her friend turns herself from like totally geek to totally sheek (different movie quoted). i dont remember the stars name but shes that red head girl and i think i remember her love interest in teen witch was pretty cute. hope that helps, j

3:45 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home