Other crap that's on my mind.

A website about things you probably don't care about, but I do so shove it.

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

The park behind my house.

There are plenty of things that bother me about city life:

The dudes that shoot fireworks outside my apartment building at 3am (I've already called the cops).

The dudes (who I think are the same as these fireworks assholes) who fly their remote controlled airplanes all day in my (Yes, my!) parking lot.

And all the trash throughout Capitol Hill. (I've talked to Zach about this, and his defense was that NY and LA are the same. But to me, this doesn't make it right. And I'd have to disagree about NY. I'd say Capitol Hill is comparable to New Orleans after Mardi Gras. Trash fucking everywhere. It can get kinda gross at times. If I had gloves as hands I'd pick shit up all the time.)

BUT, the reason I love it here is because of things like yesterday. It was beautiful outside and I first went to the park that was like 8 blocks away. Then I went to the park that's just one block away. That park was like a fair of amusement. Guys playing chess with empty 40's. One dude juggling with sticks. A team of bocce players. And a group of young and old doing Tai Chi. Bongos aplayin', people enjoyin' and just a good ol' day all around.

Okay, fuck, I've got to work today. Like a lot.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My defense was that Seattle as a whole is actually cleaner than most other big cities! However, I must admit that Capitol Hill is probably the dirtiest neighborhood in town...but it also has the highest density so I guess that's sort of expected.

11:29 AM  
Blogger Barrie said...

i'm just saying just because there's a lot of people doesn't make it right that there's trash everywhere. ny is dense as fuck, and it's not nearly as dirty. manhattan and other major cities have street cleaners for that very purpose.

sounds like more excuses, mr. zachery. hehe.

2:47 PM  
Blogger Barrie said...

i lived in union square in ny. and yes, it was dirty (more rats than trash really). but i'm telling ya, i have to walk through a maze to get to the bus stop across the street to avoid all the crap. yuckity yuck yuck. i'm just saying yuck! and that we need more street cleaners.

12:21 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home