Other crap that's on my mind.

A website about things you probably don't care about, but I do so shove it.

Thursday, August 23, 2007

Oh snap. Where did I go?

Hello all!

I have nothing to report.

Wait, I went to the opera yesterday.

Did you know that there are handy subtitles above the stage? This is good because I don't know German.

I was supposed to blog about a lot of things. About how I'm seeing this guy (who took me to the opera). About how my old boss just quit (wah wah). About how I went camping. About how...oh fuck it. Let's get on with what I wanted to blog about ages ago.

My mom came to visit back in July. It was great fun. The summer here hasn't been as nice as last year's, but for some reason that week she came was perfect. Sunny skies every day. Comfortable 78 degree weather. Seriously just perfect.

The really amazing part was when we showed up to the whale watching boat, and they didn't have our reservation written down even though I called, gave my name and my credit card to someone - thus, we had to reschedule for the next day. Obviously this would upset anyone what with identity theft and all. But we made a deal that we'd go for free the next day and all was right with the world.

What was actually quite great about this is that my dad wasn't there during this minor hiccup. Because if he was, the whole whale watching situation would have been so much messier. There would have been screaming and probably threats of suing and shutting down businesses and oh god. It would've ruined the day, if not the rest of the vacation. We'd have to go to certain restaurants that didn't have crowds. We'd have to play by his rules and be very accomodating just so he wouldn't blow up for whatever lameo reason.

I only say this, because I know it to be true. Because it's happened every time we've ever gone on vacation with him.

But this time was different. This time was good. This time my mom was happy. Probably the happiest I've seen her. And if anything, I hope this encourages her to have more fun. More trips. More good times.

Because she deserves it.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home