Other crap that's on my mind.

A website about things you probably don't care about, but I do so shove it.

Saturday, April 28, 2007

I've been really good, so fuck free.

If you look back at the last 10 blogs I'm pretty sure you'll notice a common trend. Practically every title or blog has the mention of free in it. I'm obviously addicted to this phenomenon. I should probably go to some Free Support Group.

I get to go to LCD Soundsystem, !!!, Peter, Bjorn and John and a 2-festival that'll include just your ordinary musicians. Maybe you heard of them. Bjork? Beastie Boys?

The people who gave me these tickets are very nice and I'm seriously considering naming my kid (if I have one) KEXP to show them how grateful I really am.

So, because this is saving me oh, $175 I think I deserve something. I've withheld shopping because there's a big indie shopping bonanza going on next week. But more importantly I need sheets. Good, pretty, soft sheets. Maybe even a new duvet if I really love it. I kinda have this addiction where I need a new duvet every few years.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to where I would find these sheets and or duvet?

I went on a search today after a date(!)

I ended up in this placed called Velocity and the woman there was such a snob. She really could give two shits if I was there or not. You'd think they'd want my money or something? I mean their pretty fucking sheets cost a fortune but for whatever reason they'd only have sets that had a duvet and pillowcases. Then you have to buy the sheet separate, except they didn't have anything that matched. So I was all sorts of confused and when I asked for help the lady seemed so put off.

Some boutiques, like Fancy Pants, the people are so friendly you actually believe for a second that you two once knew eachother in grade school. But then you get these fucking snobs in these upscale stores that really just carry the same shit Design Within Reach sell and even if you want to buy those pretty and expensive sheets you're so turned off by bitchy snobs that you just leave. So that's what I did.

So yeah, does anyone know of anything good? I read somewhere that Restoration Hardware is pretty soft and clean looking.

Also, to get an idea of what I'm looking for, here are the sheets I liked at the bitchy store:

http://www.velocityartanddesign.com/dl_chinoiserie.html

I didn't see these there, but I like these too:

http://www.velocityartanddesign.com/dl_essex.html
http://www.velocityartanddesign.com/dl_stanton_bronze.html
http://www.velocityartanddesign.com/dl_pinstripe.html

I also really like whatever my sister has on her bed. Alyse, where'd you get that?

If you guys have seen anything (preferably over 300 thread count) let me know, mmmk. And please don't say Bed Bath and Beyond (or Target). That's my last resort.

Thanks.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd try West Elm (www.westelm.com). You won't find the exact sheets there, but they're the same style of stuff. Even Crate and Barrel (www.crateandbarrel.com) has similar stuff.

5:51 AM  
Blogger Kelly said...

Strangly enough, I just bought new sheets, of the 400 thread count variety and a new duvet and a new down comforter.

A soft buttery yellow color. Got all of this at Homegoods. The sheets and duvet cover I mean.

Love, love love it. Don't think I can go back to cheap sheets.

8:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

West Elm is good. Try CB2 (off of the crate and barrel site) as well – I'm going to buy a cool clock I just saw in their catalog. Maybe PotteryBarn but I think their style is kinda lame and boring.

5:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home