Other crap that's on my mind.

A website about things you probably don't care about, but I do so shove it.

Thursday, January 07, 2010

Okay, fine. I'll admit it. But only to you people.

I turn 31 next week. I'm totally fine with that. I don't really have an averse feeling toward getting older. If anything, I'm smarter, happier and living the life I want to right now (give or take). I kinda want to see what I'll look like with grey hair and I can't wait for the day where it's totally acceptable to wear the same outfit every day.

And if you want to give me presents you can refer to the list I made for the holiday gift-giving blog, which is the all-encompassing AMAZON WISH LIST!!!

The part that I don't really need that comes with birthdays is the whole, "what are you gonna? let's go somewhere? what do you want?" thing. Fuck, I don't know what I want. I know I want stuff off my AMAZON WISH LIST, but to me January 13th is just an excuse for me to take the day off. Maybe I'll get a foot massage. Maybe eat dessert for dinner. Maybe catch a movie. But really, I just have no idea. And I usually don't know what I'll want until that day happens and in the past few years it's been nice to just be alone. This is the reason I stopped having parties for my birthday. And even if I've become a pretty big planner for other events ala soup swaps, knit nights or friend gatherings - this is just one of those days where I could care less about planning or doing anything.

I guess I consider that having no plan is a little birthday present to myself. And shocker, it's not even on my AMAZON WISH LIST.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

1:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

to me 1/13 is the day you were born & it's very special.

7:08 AM  
Blogger Barrie said...

my mom specifically asked me who this anonymous was. and i just don't have a clue, but thanks to you!

4:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home