Other crap that's on my mind.

A website about things you probably don't care about, but I do so shove it.

Wednesday, February 09, 2005

I'm a poet, and I didn't even... oh, fuck it.


Oommm
Originally uploaded by barliss2.
My friend Kelly is pretty interesting. She's been writing haikus and then sends them to me. I think this is fab, especially since she wants to write a book one day. Except she doesn't want to write a poetry book. She wants to write a David Sedaris type book (don't we all?). But, now I'm sorta thinking she's going in the wrong path. Haikus seem to be her calling. Take this as an example:

Hungry, hear me roar
Smoke treats cloud my taste buds dark
oh pudding. I'm yours.

She wrote it because she saw a guy at Farmer Jack's buying a Hungry Man dinner, a pudding snack pack and a box of Malboro Lights (are you sure that wasn't Nik?)

FYI- I'm not kidding, Kelly. This haiku made me piss myself. Not sure if that's what a haiku is suppose to do, but it made me "feel" or whatever, so I guess it works!

1 Comments:

Blogger Kelly said...

Hi Barrie.

Seems a little self serving for me to write a comment because you wrote about me,but thanks for the compliment. I've been enjoying the haiku's.

Maybe I can use my haiku's as page breaks in my david sedaris novel.

6:30 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home