Other crap that's on my mind.

A website about things you probably don't care about, but I do so shove it.

Monday, May 02, 2005

You're an idiot!

Okay, so I know I make my fair share of mistakes writing wise ( I've probably made 10 right now), but if you went to elementary school you should know by now the difference between you're and your!!!! Someone just came up to me to ask this very question (Is this right? I never know.). So, I wasn't mad yet, because I realize she could very well be a little dumb for all I know, so instead of just telling her what the answer is, I explain it to her so she'll never ask me again.

Just read it out loud. You're means You Are. Does that make sense in a sentence?

The sentence reads something like this: Please respond to your fucking annoying memo.

She reads it, and then says, oh so it should be you're. I say no silly (trying to be very nice but feel my jaw clenching), read it again. This went on for about 5 minutes until I finally just fixed it for her. HOLY FUCKING SHIT!!!!!!!!

8 Comments:

Blogger Seth Gunderson said...

Whats you're problem?

12:22 PM  
Blogger Barrie said...

no problem at all. it just shouldn't take anyone 5 minutes to understand conjunctions. i thought it was funny, thus i make a blog about it. seth, you're getting all soft on me. what gives? hey, i'm super excited to see this weeks lost. i doubt locke is really gonna get shot, but the tease is still fabulous!

12:28 PM  
Blogger richlevine said...

i think your missing seth's joke...

12:54 PM  
Blogger Barrie said...

oh, hehe. see what happens when i have 50 things to do underneath this blinding light! now, i'm super stupid.

1:10 PM  
Blogger Barrie said...

p.s. do you think that blog was dooceable (like can someone fire me because i sorta talked about work?). maya said no, but i wasn't so sure. then again i'm not too worried. just wanted other people's opinion.

2:20 PM  
Blogger Seth Gunderson said...

Rich is correct. Barrie, you totally missed my joke. I want to die.

Rich, I take it you're a reporter? Al Jefferson was supposed to go to my college, but he decided that money and fame was much cooler. Damn him!

3:14 PM  
Blogger Barrie said...

seth, i apologized for my stupidity. don't die on my behalf. hehe. yay! i'm done with work. see ya's later blinding seizure inducing light!!!

3:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

While you're at it, why don't you spend another 5 minutes explaining to your mommy the difference between a part and apart?

7:58 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home