Other crap that's on my mind.

A website about things you probably don't care about, but I do so shove it.

Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Don't tell me to sit bitch!

The concert went a little something like this.

1. Got there, and thought I should sell my extra tickets but I didn't feel like waiting around so I stupidly didn't. And come to think of it, I only heard one guy ask for extra tickets, and I'm pretty sure he was a bum.

2. Camper Van Beethoven opened. They were good. They played "their song". And everyone was happy.

3. I bought two of the tiniest beers for 5 dollars each. And they only had Budweiser? What is wrong with Detroit.

4. MODEST MOUSE COMES ON!!! YIPPEY!! Okay, so they come on sort of out of nowhere. They play their songs. They make me happy.

5. This is when I noticed that I'm the only one standing and dancing around in the balcony area. Okay, maybe 5 other people were standing, but in my vicinity I was the only one. I thought this was just weird. Come on people, WE"RE AT A CONCERT FOR CHRIST"S SAKE!!! You can sit when you're old?! So, I just figured, okay everyone is pretty much lame and I don't care, I'm gonna dance!

6. That's when I caught a security guards' eye and he motions for me to sit down. I wasn't in the aisle blocking traffic. I wasn't even blocking anyone (at least I don't think so- even if I was, I just didn't care, because remember WE WERE AT A CONCERT, NOT A FUCKING PLAY, PEOPLE!) So, here's what happened:

Security guard mouths to me, "Sit down."

I mouth back, "No." and continue to dance.

Security guard mouths back, "No, sit down."

I mouth back, "Um, no. IT"S A CONCERT, SO NO I WILL NOT SIT DOWN."

Now, it was getting to the point of principles. After this little mouthing exchange, I just ignored the security guard. After seeing his gay fucking pony tail out of the corner of my eye for about another minute, he finally realized he was a loser/dumb ass and walked away to catch some kids smoke pot.

7. As far as concerts go, it wasn't the best and yet it wasn't the worst. They played almost all out of the new album and a handful of their old songs. Whenever the lead singer spoke, you couldn't really understand him. And when they left the stage, they just left in a way like, "yeah yeah, you'll know we'll be back for an encore so we're not gonna even pretend." And then they came back for the encore, ended on Good Times are Killing Me (my personal favorite on that album) and once again just sorta left. No hand waves good-bye. No thank you Detroit. Nothing. Just sorta weird. Honest to goodness, I think I liked seeing them at the parking lot of Junkman's Daughter for free when they weren't big, and only played about 10 songs more than last night. BUT it was still a good concert nonetheless.

MORAL OF THE STORY: DETROIT SUCKS!

Oh, and Nicole's brother asked if I was a lesbian!!! I wonder if he knows that girls who don't have boyfriends and live in Detroit, could be hetero. Either way, I'm growing out my hair. Because that just made me really sad.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, are you saying that you are the annoying little dog?

6:14 PM  
Blogger Barrie said...

no, anonymous. i couldn't find a good picture of someone sitting. i should rephrase that quote, but i won't because i'm off to play euchre. or attempt to play euchre.

6:59 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home