Other crap that's on my mind.

A website about things you probably don't care about, but I do so shove it.

Friday, February 10, 2006

Oy veyishmere!

I have a beef to pick with Hollywood. You people, trying to make the Jewish culture cool with your knowledge of random Yiddish words, make me sick!

a) You say every word WRONG!! When you say something like chotcke (which I've never even heard before, because in my grandma's house a little knick knack was always referred to as a chotchical) you say it like a tourist pretending to speak with an French dialect when in Paris. It's completly nauseating. And I can spot you fakers from a mile away!!

b) When did it become cool to say swevzting (i have no idea how to spell the Yiddish word for sweating), oy vey and swatza (which to me is the same as saying n-gg-r)? If your grandma didn't say these things while making haroset and matza ball soup, then you're not allowed to!

I never really realized until moving to Atlanta that other people didn't say schmatta (something old and dingy you'd wear around the house) or chitza (catholic girl). And I've almost taught myself not to say them now, because as I get older I meet less and less Jews (compared to Coral Springs, where Jews were literally everywhere). And if I say something by accident, people just look at me like, what language you talkin' girl. We don't speak your crazy talk in da Detrois!

Well, guess what! It's not crazy talk! And it's not for Hollywood either! You people butcher everything my grandma ever taught me and I want you to stop!!

Okay, it's Friday and you have no idea how excited I am about that. See you people on Monday! Ugh, Monday.

1 Comments:

Blogger Barrie said...

meet my mother. she's the overprotective jewish woman from the bronx. and she must know everything!!!

4:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home