Other crap that's on my mind.

A website about things you probably don't care about, but I do so shove it.

Monday, September 11, 2006

In the News according to Yahoo!

Sure, 9-11 is pretty important. I mean it made the top two headlines of In the News on Yahoo. The next 4 also dealt with "real world" type of news, with words like "government", "North Korea", "security" and "OPEC".

But remember, we are Americans. And what's more American than a story about Anna Nicole Smith's 20-year-old son dying randomly in his bed this morning? I actually just refreshed the page, and within 5 minutes her story has already been replaced with something about ESPN and then I stopped reading because I reminded myself that I hate sports.

Either way, can you believe it's been 5 years? It seriously still seems like yesterday. But thank god it isn't yesterday. It was one of those days where you remember where you were that moment. I remember being mad because my mom was calling me early in the morning, and since I was in between schools, didn't have a job and still 21 my biggest priority was making sure I woke up in time for Oprah. But instead I got a call from the mom saying, "Wake up. Something is going on. Don't go outside. Don't go anywhere. Just watch the TV." And that's exactly what I did. Calling my good friend Beth who lived in NY over and over again, when of course her line was busy. Calling my friend Shari, who had a friend in the towers (and died). And just watching the TV. And smoking. And watching. And hearing rumors on how they could hit the CDC, which is in Atlanta, which was where I was living at the time. And worrying. And calling more friends and family, and just staring in shock watching the same thing over and over and over again but still not understanding anything that was going on.

When I asked Mike what he did that day he said he bought a watch at the mall. Because really, what else was he going to do?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home