Other crap that's on my mind.

A website about things you probably don't care about, but I do so shove it.

Thursday, December 14, 2006

Aren't ex boyfriends the best?

Yesterday, I was called at work - not from a CD or Account Person or Boss or Art Director - but instead from the mailroom. I had a package waiting for me.

A big package.

From Mike. My ex boyfriend...

Girls immediately surrounded my cube. If you can call it a cube. Really it's a makeshift desk, with this plastic barrier that prevents dogs from getting too close otherwise they'll get shocked. Anyway, I opened the big package and the girls helped me take out all the popcorn stuffing because they were just as excited as I was to see what this mystery package was.

But before I opened it, I knew it was my dream come true.

A SEWING MACHINE!!!!

I didn't know whether to leave the pile of work I had on my desk so I could start making skirts and pillows, or if I should cry because my ex boyfriend is so fucking thoughtful that he bought me the nicest gift ever on a holiday I haven't celebrated in years.

Instead I just called him to say thanks.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

What a sweet present! I feel like I should say congratulations or something.ili

9:18 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

PS - I have no idea where that "ili" came from.

9:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the holiday's are f-ing me up because i almost cried reading this.

9:47 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home