Other crap that's on my mind.

A website about things you probably don't care about, but I do so shove it.

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

It'll rot your brain.

The more TV has turned into American Idol/Deal or No Deal/Survivor/Identity, the more I can't stand it. None of these shows peak my interest. They make me feel dumb. I try to watch at least one episode though to see what the big fuss is all about, but usually I'm right. These shows fucking suck.

Thus, I have to resort to totally weird shows like Degrassi: The Next Generation. It's like 90210, without Brenda. It's actually pretty bad, but I'm sucked in to their vortex and there's no way out. I think I even got the old roommate into it at one point. It's that bad.

But now, I've discovered something even worse. The AZN channel. That's right it's the Asian channel. Specifically, a show called My Lovely Sam-Soon. I really haven't watched too many episodes, and I think it's more like a mini-series with only 5 long episodes which I can never get through. And honestly, I have no idea what's going on because I don't speak Korean, but I love it for whatever reason.

There's the smart ass, clumsy "fat" girl, who I think is in love with the cute Asian guy but he's torn between her and some dying chick he once loved. I put fat in quotes, only because she constantly says she's fat when she must only be a size 6, which I guess in Korea must be obese. If only she lived in the U.S.

Anyway, I usually end up watching this when I'm knitting, which means I can't follow what's going on all the time because I haven't mastered the skill of reading subtitles and following patterns at the same time.

So when I told my friend about this show she said, "Uh oh. Once you go Asian, you don't go Caucasian ." And I almost pissed myself because it was funny and possibly true.

1 Comments:

Blogger none said...

I JUST WATCHED THAT! that show is:
1.the most popular show from korea of 2005
2. has "pee-lip" (and in this show "hen-lee"), from "spring waltz" which maya and i so loved.
3. is really funny even if you don't speak korean (and if you did, it'd be triple the laughs)
4. welcome.

7:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home