Other crap that's on my mind.

A website about things you probably don't care about, but I do so shove it.

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Crash and Burn

So, Steve and I watched the AWARD WINNING MOVIE, Crash last night. I think I rather watch The Notebook over and over again then ever see this piece o' crap ever again. This just confirms my theory, that not only is Tom Cruise a moron, but every actor/actress/director/screenwriter is following in his footsteps. The whole thing just made me want to puke. If anything, this was an upgraded Lifetime movie, with guns, random killings and acts of kindness from those who once wronged. Give me a fucking break!

Plus, it made us both mad how the movie seemed like it was trying so hard to tell the truth. It was begging us to believe that we're all loud mouthed racists. That we all hold our purse a little closer when a black guy walks by, or think that anyone who is a little tanner than us white folk must be an import and therefore not understand us, Americans. And not only do we think this in this movie, but we say it out loud whenever anyone of the opposite race threatens us or makes us mad.

Not sure the last time I checked my watch, but I'm pretty sure a lot of people (not including middle america) don't do this anymore.

Sure, we might all lock our doors when we enter Detroit the minute it gets dark. But who doesn't? I never snicker at someone because of who they are, unless they're on What Not To Wear (hehe). Not only, do I not say anything, but I don't think it either. I don't bite my tongue, because it doesn't because a thought. I buy my cigarettes at 7-11, and all I know is that someone hands them to me. I think it's a white kid, but really, I'm not sure. And I don't care.

By all means, I'm not saying I'm perfect. I grew up in a home where the N word was occasionally uttered. But what I do know, is that Crash fucking sucked and its views on who we are sucked as well. And if you're gonna see any movie with the name like Crash, then go to imdb.com and look up the film that had people getting off on seeing or being in car crashes. That movie was at least entertaining and mildly erotic.

1 Comments:

Blogger Barrie said...

haha- my mom will be like, huh? why is this maurene girl randomly talking about lesbians?? relax, we're reminscing about the babysitters club, because it is awesome and i wish i had the collection back in my arms(they now reside in the home that is no longer mine). mom! grab that too if you can! all 101 of them!!

2:22 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home