Other crap that's on my mind.

A website about things you probably don't care about, but I do so shove it.

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Greyish Anatomy

SPOILER ALERT!!!!

So, if you're like me you hung up with whomever you were talking at exactly 9:00 last night to see the TWO HOUR SEASON FINALE OF GREY'S ANATOMY!!!

And just like a movie, they could have cut out huge chunks and I would have just been pleased with an hour instead of wasting my time (and wanting to sleep) with 2 friggin' hours of nonsense. The first hour especially was completely useless to me.

But hot damn, those last 30 minutes were da bomb. Denny dies! ACK!! I balled like a baby. And then Meredith and McDreamy!! I mean, having Fin around is definitely a nice distraction, cause god knows that boy needs to be back on the screen. But this all seems vaguely familiar. Like a Sex and the City love triangle with Carrie/Big/The Russian. You just always knew The Russian never had a chance.

Anyway, bravo for the last 30 minutes. Poo poo shit caca on the first hour and a half. Especially the prom shit. And whether or not Denny was gonna get that heart. Could that have been dragged out any longer???

In other news, (man, this is gonna be a chick filled blog today. sorry boys) I just saw the preview for The Devil Wears Prada, and I know I'm gonna curse myself for going to the theater and seeing it but I'm gonna have to do it. I enjoyed the book, and Meryl Streep hasn't been wrong yet, so sure, I'll waste the 8 bucks to see a good book turn into a butchered movie.

AND, I saw Brokeback Mountain finally. I'm a bit slow on the movies these days. I remember back in the day, I was hoping for a Blockbuster Black card (I swear this exists!) because I would rent at least 4 movies a week. But that was also a time when I wasn't having sex with my then boyfriend. So there you go...

Well, let me tell you folks, I've had people tell me IT WAS SO AMAZING I CRIED AND BLAH BLAH FUCKING BLAH. If you rather not hear yet another person's opinion on this flick, then you can stop reading here. But 99% of the time, my opinion is the right, so it's probably best if you listened to me on this one. IT FUCKING SUCKED! Not only was it dreadfully boring (side note: if you are into westerns where all they show are guys herding sheep and having conversations you can't hear because the pretty god awful music is on cue, then you'll just love this flick. in fact, buy it now and jerk off to it later), but I just didn't get what the big deal was? Were these guys supposed to be in love? Cause really it just looked like these 2 wanted to go out back and bang. And Michelle Williams! Sure she was good as a wife who went ballistic, but to be nominated for a fucking Oscar for only being in a movie for 7 minutes just didn't make sense to me.

Actually, she might have been the only part I liked. Because god knows I couldn't understand a word Heath Ledger said the whole time. Whenever he had a speaking part, I had to rewind it at least twice every time to understand what the fuck he was trying to say. I'm still not sure what his last words were that he mumbled while still carrying around that blood soaked shirt.

I will admit this and this only. The Notebook was way better.

And then I started thinking about the movies that were better than Crash and Brokeback Mountain (just this year). Here's my list:

-40 Year Old Virgin (paul feig consistently makes anything worth watching)
-Me and You and Everyone We Know (i've heard mixed opinions, but this was by far the best movie i've seen since the royal tenebaums)
-Tarnation (Actually, this might have come out 2 years ago- either way, very good)
-Junebug (kinda slow, but still way better)
-The Squid and the Whale (i just love laura linney in anything she does- and creepy kids seem to be a running theme in movies/tv lately)

That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home