Other crap that's on my mind.

A website about things you probably don't care about, but I do so shove it.

Thursday, November 15, 2007

The Place That Was in a Movie by LA

Seeing that it was Dominic's last night in LA before he headed off to Italy, I wanted to do something special.

Originally we were supposed to go to the Griffith Observatory, because I went a week ago and thought he'd love it. We also wanted ice cream for dinner and to go get some drinks and I was planning on leaving a little early from work so we could accomplish all three.

But of course, I couldn't leave early because something came up right when I grabbed my keys.

So we ditched the Observatory plan and decided to stick with the other two destinations. The ice cream was good, but The Dresden was just great. And thankfully, not at all like the bar we went to a few days earlier.

This is the kind of place I wish we had more of in Seattle. I think we might have some, but they charge a cover so you know I don't go.

The Dresden was in Swingers, during the scenes where he finally picks up a girl and pretends to almost rip the paper her number was written on (but then screws it up by calling her about 15 times in 10 minutes).

This place reminds me of something my grandparents would go to at my age. It's just a nice, unpretentious environment with white leather cove like couches, mood lighting and smiles all around. Then at 9, the lounge singers come out and perform the greatest lounge type songs ever. I guess they've been doing this for like 25 years or something and they still got it. The crowd is mixed and not a snob in sight. This seems like the place to pick up someone special, or to have a great first date, or to celebrate something, or just have a drink and a good time.

And if it didn't take 45 minutes to get there (like everything in LA) I'd be at The Dresden all the damn time.

Seattle 6 LA 5

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Tactless Wonder said...

15 years ago, it was "everything takes about 20 minutes to get to in LA!" And yes, we complained then as well. My were we spoiled...

5:35 PM  
Blogger none said...

i'm back! let's hit up ramen soon.

11:07 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home