Other crap that's on my mind.

A website about things you probably don't care about, but I do so shove it.

Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Food by LA

I sit next to a girl who loves Seattle food. She loved this Thai place and this other place I can't remember. And I have to agree, Seattle definitely has some good to great places to eat.

But LA takes it on variety.

There's everything from your typical, but delicious Mexican taco stand to my personal favorite, JuJu Cereal Bar. I haven't been to this cereal place, although I've heard of these type of places popping up more and more lately and was once deeply disappointed when a Cereal Bar joint at an airport wasn't open at 9pm.

I love cereal. Well, really I just love Trader O's, because it's the only thing I've found that has basically no sugar, no nothing and doesn't taste like Kashi Cardboard.

Where was I?

Oh right, food. So yesterday I went with my friends to what was described on yelp as a Chinese restaurant, which unlike the rest of my family, I'm not the hugest fan of. Too much flavor seems to always spoil the veggies and chicken, and then I feel like I just ate a bunch of sauce rather than food.

But Maos was different. It was more soup and noodles than sauces and fried things. Maos was good, simple and fast, but not too fast (always important). There were, as Chinese food goes, too much leftover and me being of the nature that I can not waste I took everything home.

I'm not saying this was the best noodle place ever. I love this place in the ID (International District in Seattle), where I can never remember their name but they make the best green noodle shrimp concoction. I am saying that Maos was good and didn't leave me feeling stuffed like most Chinese restaurants that I can't stand.

After that, we walked along the Venice Canals and looked inside people's houses because they're all made of glass.

All in all, it was a nice evening filled with good food, friends and glass houses.

Seattle 4 LA 2

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Kelly said...

A cereal bar would be heaven on earth for me. Love, love, love cereal.

I'm with you on the Trader O's. Compared to Cherios, they're seriously better. Cherios are wimpy and they don't hold up in milk.

Had Trader O's today in fact. Ok, enough about my cereal fetish. :)

1:50 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home