Other crap that's on my mind.

A website about things you probably don't care about, but I do so shove it.

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

The birthday.

So, last week I turned 29. It's kinda monumental because I'm this close to 30. And also because it's the first time in a few years where I actually had a boyfriend on this day.

The latter is really great, because it means no stupid parties. No, "let's all go out to a bar and celebrate, when really I just want to watch a movie by myself and take a bath and not have to explain why I don't want to go to a bar and celebrate."

I told Dominic what I wanted to do. Nothing special. I wanted to wake up and go to yoga. So I did that. And then I came home to the best surprise ever!!!





Not only are these my favorite cookies ever! But you can't find them ANYWHERE on the west coast. Seriously. I've been to every bakery in Seattle and only shot blanks. It's a shame really. These Seattlites don't know what they're missing.

He baked about 9 of them! And one really big one. They were so delicious and yummy in my belly. I gave 3 away. One got destroyed by the 29 candles and Dominic ate 2 or 3. That left me with 3-4 cookies to eat and it was a feat for sure. These are big, fucking cookies. They are like the size of my head. So it took me a week, but I finally ate the last one for lunch today. And it was still oh so good.

Ok, so where was I? Oh right, then we went to Pike Place to walk around because it was the best, sunny day ever. I bought a frame at one of my favorite furniture/boutique stores and a pair of pointy shoes that I'm kinda regretting now cause they hurt my feet. Then we went our separate ways so I could get a mani/pedi. I came home to a bath made out of a purple bath ball that Dominic got me and relaxed a little.

Then I decided I didn't want to eat at Coastal Kitchen, but instead I wanted sushi. Again, it's my day so I make up the rules.

We went to a place I hadn't been before, but always heard was good. And it was indeed. I drank a whole thingy of sake and went home, to which I got an hour lavander oil massage that made me pass out and drool (seriously). I woke up for a little while....

And then I opened the drawer that I always go to before I sleep for real. It has my lip balm and ear plugs (necessary for a street like mine and a boyfriend who snores) and my eye patch cover. Except, I saw a brand new eye patch cover! This one is all nice and clean, and not all stretched out and gross looking. This one is black and actually fits on my head!

Needless to say, from morning to night I had a very relaxing, enjoyable, filling birthday.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home