Other crap that's on my mind.

A website about things you probably don't care about, but I do so shove it.

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Persepolis

I've been meaning to write about this movie since I saw it, on opening night. I wanted to see this movie in LA when it premiered at some film festival, but spending $25 wasn't worth it to me. I mean, it's a movie. Not a concert. I don't need to be in the know that much.

So I waited 2 months very impatiently. I talked Dominic into seeing it with me, and all I really needed to do is tell him it was in French and he was sold. I forgot to tell him that he might cry.

The movie was, how do I put this, AMAZING. I'm always skeptical about books turned into movies, but this was just right. Her graphic novels made me want to write more. And her movie made me want to watch more good movies.

Her story telling is amazing. For a cartoon, it just hits you in all the right spots. It's not overly funny, or overly sentimental. It's the right amount of both. It's not cheesy. It's not even cartoony. It's just a simple movie about a girl growing up and finding herself, whomever that may be.

If you haven't read her books (under the same title) or seen her movie, please do so. Like right now.

Last week, I got a call from the nephew asking me why I walked out on Across the Universe. My boy, if you saw Persepolis, you'd understand.

You'd understand.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home